Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

Hi,

 Robert> On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 02:10:59PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
 >> > - a message when installing the package
 >> Nagware-ish.  Every non-free package you install, you have to agree to some
 >> announcement that this package is non free...

 Robert> I concur, however it's the lesser of a lot of possible evils. See below.

        I would think that to be extremely annoying, and that would
 seriously detract from the quality of implementation.

 >> > And perhaps, the README.Debian should be mandatory to contain a brief
 >> > explanation why this package is considered non-free (often it is obvious,
 >> > but often it is not, especially for those new to the world of free software)
 >> I think this is a good idea, regardless of what we do with the archive...
 >> it's a -policy issue.

 Robert> I agree with this as well, however there are people like
 Robert> Manoj among us who consider this giving out legal advice.

        If I were the only one who considered this practicing law, you
 would not have any problems whatsoever.

        manoj
--
 When angry, count four; when very angry, swear. Mark Twain,
 "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"