Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > --
> > Debian shall not use it's machines or resources to distribute software
> > that fails the DFSG. Debian will not accept any packages that fail the
> > DFSG or support and projects producing non-DSFG complient software. Debian
> > web pages and miscellaneous other software will refrain from indexing or
> > otherwise referencing non-DFSG software.
> > --
>
> I feel this statement is in direct opposition to those parts of the social
> contract that say our first priority is our users.

So you won't accept my harsh reality of what will happen with Wichert's
proposal but are happy the way he puts it? Interesting..

Besides, I thought out first priority was to create a completly free
distribution. If it is not then I would firmly oppose the proposal on the
grounds that it substantialy inconveniences our users and wastes resources
that could otherwise be applied to benifiting the distribution.

Jason