Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 05:07:32PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 05:05:03PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > I think it could be done simply by moving contrib and non-free out of the
> > dists/ directory..  Nobody is confused as to project/experimental and I
> > think they would be no more confused by something on the order of
> > nondebian/potato/{contrib,non-free} vs dists/potato/main or (possibly in
> > the future) dists/potato/hamradio ...
> Like renaming, I don't think this will be enough.  We already have seperate
> directories and it's not working.  Use apt as an example, it would require
> a seperate line in the sources.list file... clear distinction.  use ftp as
> an example, it would require a seperate connection, not just chaning
> directories in the current connection...

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main
deb http://pandora.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main
deb http://http.us.debian.org/nondebian potato contrib non-free
deb http://pandora.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US contrib non-free

Something like that...?  Something should also be done with pandora ...

> > SOMEBODY somewhere is going to argue that contrib isn't non-free and
> > shouldn't be treated as such.  You won't hear me arguing it, however you
> > have been warned..  =>
> True, but it contrib is 1) non-debian (but non-debian.debian.org???) and 2)
> very closely tied to non-free.

I'll agree with that.

Anyone who stands out in the middle of a road looks like roadkill to me.
        -- Linus Torvalds