Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 05:05:03PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I think it could be done simply by moving contrib and non-free out of the
> dists/ directory..  Nobody is confused as to project/experimental and I
> think they would be no more confused by something on the order of
> nondebian/potato/{contrib,non-free} vs dists/potato/main or (possibly in
> the future) dists/potato/hamradio ...
Like renaming, I don't think this will be enough.  We already have seperate
directories and it's not working.  Use apt as an example, it would require
a seperate line in the sources.list file... clear distinction.  use ftp as
an example, it would require a seperate connection, not just chaning
directories in the current connection...

> SOMEBODY somewhere is going to argue that contrib isn't non-free and
> shouldn't be treated as such.  You won't hear me arguing it, however you
> have been warned..  =>
True, but it contrib is 1) non-debian (but non-debian.debian.org???) and 2)
very closely tied to non-free.