Re: Ad hoc and spontaneous voting

***** DOB => Darren O Benham

DOB> On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 12:19:44AM +0200, Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
>> What about the proposer of a vote writing the pros, and---at the end
>> of the discussion period---anybody so inclined submitting cons by
>> means of a procedure similar to the amendment one (i.e., with a proper
>> number of supporters, I mean).
DOB> I don't know that it has to be that formal.  We're not THAT impersonal
DOB> yet..

Maybe I was a bit unclear: everybody may obviously express cons in any
appropriate forum, just the cons on the web pages should have a proper
number of supporters.  This way you can be sure people who share the
same cons will work together to produce a unified list, and people who
argue against some proposal on silly grounds won't likely get any
supporter at all, with no need for some `editor' to decide what's good
and what's not for the web pages.

Just to clarify, I was unsure if I was clear enough.

Regards,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://www.linux.it/%7Esalve/>
<http://www.gnu.org/> * <http://www.debian.org/> * <http://www.linux.org>