Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 06:49:18PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > I think that if we want to change anything we should split non-free in
> > open-source and non-open-source or something like this ...
>
> Again, you misunderstand. The Open Source Definition is currently identiacal
> to the DFSG. Nothing that complies with the DFSG is in non-free.
[..]

libmagick4g-lzw
openssl
gpg-{rsa,idea}

All perfectly DFSG free.  In non-free because of something the DFSG is
completely silent about, software patents.  I tried to do something about
this, however there was very little support.

... Where was Stac Electronics when Microsoft invented Doublespace? Where
were Xerox and Apple when Microsoft invented the GUI?  Where was Apple's
QuickTime when Microsoft invented Video for Windows?  Where was Spyglass
Inc.'s Mosaic when Microsoft invented Internet Explorer? Where was Sun
when Microsoft invented Java?