Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

Chris Lawrence wrote:

> I thought the intent of the proposal *was* to make non-free software
> harder to find... or at least harder to confuse with main.

Hmm, I disagree, I think the only intent was to make a very clear distinction
between free and non-free and Debian's commitment to 100% free 'main' system,
that doesn't depend on non-free stuff.

It's a political statement, and really nothing more... (at least that's how I
see it... and that's good 'nuff)

Wichert?

--Brock

---------------------  PGP key ID: FED76A3D <brock@cyberdude.com> 4 / 5 / 1999

   __ _    Debian GNU       R. Brock Lynn             (bytopian on irc #debian)
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __   http://www.debian.org/     irc.openprojects.net
 / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /                    Free Software!
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <    Remember that's "Free" as in Freedom!,
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\   Not Free as in price.      Debian's 'Da Bomb!