Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>

> > A part of the project is trying to send you the message that they want
> > you to release sarge on the original timescale, irrespective of
> > whether it gets completely purged of the non-free things that your
> > interpretation of the previous SC did not consider DFSG-critical.

> So why don't any of the proposed GRs say this?

That is what they all say - at least the way I read them. We're trying
to find out if Anthony reads them the same way. He won't tell us
either yes or no to that simple question.

> > Those people are considering various ways of formally phrasing that
> > message. They have asked you whether some of the ways being considered
> > will actually fail to send the message. You have refused to answer
> > that.

> Why should this matter?

How can it *not* matter? If the purpose of the GR is to send a
message, the single most important fact when deciding which one to
vote for is if one of the proposals will fail to do that.

--
Henning Makholm                             "... and that Greek, Thucydides"