Re: First Draft proposal for modification of Debian Free Software Guidelines:

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 03:01:29AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Hmm.  How about an image provided as a binary pixmap dumped as hex and
> embedded into a C source file?  :-)  (Yes, I found one.) Would that qaulify
> as sufficiently removed from the native form to be an incredible pain in
> the neck?

It's probably worth noting that images encoded in the .xpm format are
binary pixmaps embedded in a C source file.

Consider the following commands (requires wget and imagemagick):

f=openlogo-nd-50
wget http://www.debian.org/logos/$f.png
convert $f.png $f.xpm
rm $f.png
convert $f.xpm $f.png

Or, if that's too difficult (perhaps convert doesn't support the hex
format you're seeing), run the program to display the image and then do
a screen capture.

I'd be more worried about data formats which we can't support (such as
programs written in languages which don't have any free implementations).

--
Raul