Re: Secret votes HOWTO

Anton Zinoviev (2001-03-31 13:08:47 +0300) :

> Every voted Debian developer receives a message like this:
>
> > Your ballot has been received and tallied.
> >
> > Name: Anton Zinoviev
> > Email: zinoviev@debian.org
> > Id: zinoviev
> > Ballot: 231
> > VoteNumber: 159  <-- this is new information.

If we want to go that way, I suggest that the vote number be
randomised, so as not to allow people to guess who voted for whom from
the vote number (which seems to be related to the date/time the vote
was received in the proposed scheme).

  I'm not really paranoid, but if we choose to keep'em secret, better
do it really :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas