Re: clamav 0.95.3

Clamav purpuse it to catch windows viruses as they pass though the system. It is mainly used to scan emails and to scan file shares. I personally use it to scan emails for the most part. I believe there have been about 600 total virus for Linux and that includes the concept ones. I have only heard of two actually Virus attacks amide at linux and both of those were years ago. Most attacks on Linux aren't virus/warms but manual / automated attacks and you main defense against those are firewalls and keeping your system up to date.

Thanks
Robert

Jozsef wrote:
Willi Mann wrote:
Hi!

When will clamav 0.95.3 be released in volatile?

thank you
WM

Hi
clamav is some kind of antivirus and it works on linux but you must to run it manually. I don't know the nature of viruses and rootkits for linux but for windows that woudn't be of too much help.
Anybody had some experience with viruses or rootkits on linux?
Would be glad to hear some info about that kind of things :)

Thanks.

Best,
Jozsef