Re: clamav 0.95.3

On 25.11.09 12:45, Jozsef wrote:
> clamav is some kind of antivirus and it works on linux but you must to
> run it manually. I don't know the nature of viruses and rootkits for
> linux but for windows that woudn't be of too much help.

well, clamav is already in debian (for some years). The version released
with lenny is 0.94.dfsg.2-1lenny2 (0.94 is currently unsupported afaik) and
there's 0.95.2+dfsg-1~volatile1 in volatile.

> Anybody had some experience with viruses or rootkits on linux?
> Would be glad to hear some info about that kind of things :)

I use it prevent myself from receiving viruses or other malware.

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".