Re: upgrading clamav-milter to 0.95 from etch-volatile

Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 08.05.09 17:33, NFN Smith wrote:
> I'm upgrading ClamAV from 0.94 to 0.95 from the etch-volatile repository,
> and having a couple of problems with getting everything configured
> correctly for clamav-milter.
>
> This box is running Debian Etch and sendmail 8.13.8-3.
>
> One problem that I'm having:  In the underlying rework of code, where
> command-line parameters for clamav-milter have been reduced to just three
> (help, version and location of alternate config file), I'm having problems
> with the startup script in /etc/init.d/clamav-milter.  Specifically, when
> I try to start clamav-milter, I get an error complaining that
> specification of --pidfile is not recognized.
>
> I can hack the script to take out the specification of the pidfile, and
> then clamav-milter starts OK, but it's odd to me that the script would be
> using a parameter that is deprecated.

This is just a bug of current clamav-milter startup script, and you can
safely ignore that message.

> Is this something that's peculiar to the implementation in volatile?  And
> is there a better work-around than just hacking the script?

Unless you have other problem, this is not an issue, milter works correctly.
"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]