Re: clamav from volatile uninstallable on arm

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 23:56:18 +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > > Oh, apparently the Packages file was out of date. It's fixed now.
> >
> > It appears the same sort of problem has reappeared.
> >
> > I notice on
> > http://experimental.ftbfs.de/new/package.php?suite=etch-volatile&p=clamav
> > that 0.94.dfsg-1~volatile1 is installed, but
> > http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/dists/etch/volatile/main/binary-arm/Packages
> > and
> > http://packages.debian.org/etch-volatile/clamav
> > shows arm (and alpha, mips & mipsel as well) lagging behind on
> > 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1.
> >
> > Right now, apt-get update + apt-get dist-upgrade wants to pull in a
> > new clamav-base only, but none of the other packages.
> >
> > Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks :)
>
> can you pls check if you have backports.org in your sources.list
> they released a newer version of clamav today AFAIK

Hi,

I don't use backports.org, just volatile, in addition to the regular
etch sources.

Here's "apt-cache policy clamav" (after just running apt-get update
again):

>clamav:
>  Installed: 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1
>  Candidate: 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1
>  Version table:
> *** 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1 0
>        500 http://volatile.debian.org etch/volatile/main Packages
>        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>     0.90.1dfsg-3.1+etch14 0
>        500 http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Packages
>     0.90.1dfsg-3etch11 0
>        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org etch/main Packages

And here's /etc/apt/sources.list (sources.list.d is empty)

>deb http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
>deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
>
>deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
>deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
>
>deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main contrib non-free
>deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile-sloppy main contrib non-free

I browsed around on volatile.debian.org and noticed there seems to be
.debs for arm here:
http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/pool/volatile/main/c/clamav/
in particular there's an "clamav_0.94.dfsg-1~volatile1_arm.deb",
but (as mentioned before) doesn't seem to be listed in the Packages
file.