Re: clamav from volatile uninstallable on arm

Hi,

On Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 00:04:24 +0200, debbug.clamav.arm.nospam@sub.noloop.net wrote:

> > > It appears the same sort of problem has reappeared.
> > >
> > > I notice on
> > > http://experimental.ftbfs.de/new/package.php?suite=etch-volatile&p=clamav
> > > that 0.94.dfsg-1~volatile1 is installed, but
> > > http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/dists/etch/volatile/main/binary-arm/Packages
> > > and
> > > http://packages.debian.org/etch-volatile/clamav
> > > shows arm (and alpha, mips & mipsel as well) lagging behind on
> > > 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1.
> > >
> > > Right now, apt-get update + apt-get dist-upgrade wants to pull in a
> > > new clamav-base only, but none of the other packages.
> > >
> > > Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks :)
> >
> > can you pls check if you have backports.org in your sources.list
> > they released a newer version of clamav today AFAIK
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't use backports.org, just volatile, in addition to the regular
> etch sources.
>
> Here's "apt-cache policy clamav" (after just running apt-get update
> again):
>
> >clamav:
> >  Installed: 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1
> >  Candidate: 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1
> >  Version table:
> > *** 0.93.3.dfsg-volatile1 0
> >        500 http://volatile.debian.org etch/volatile/main Packages
> >        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >     0.90.1dfsg-3.1+etch14 0
> >        500 http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Packages
> >     0.90.1dfsg-3etch11 0
> >        500 http://ftp.se.debian.org etch/main Packages
>
> And here's /etc/apt/sources.list (sources.list.d is empty)
>
> >deb http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
> >deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
> >
> >deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
> >deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
> >
> >deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main contrib non-free
> >deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile-sloppy main contrib non-free
>
> I browsed around on volatile.debian.org and noticed there seems to be
> .debs for arm here:
> http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/pool/volatile/main/c/clamav/
> in particular there's an "clamav_0.94.dfsg-1~volatile1_arm.deb",
> but (as mentioned before) doesn't seem to be listed in the Packages
> file.

which arch are you using?

dpkg --print-architecture

The main problem is: we usually release i386, ppc and amd64 as soon as
they are ready and don't wait for non-standard archs. all packages thus
might become out of sync on other archs. i will speak to Andi if we can
fix that (if that is the case).

Greetings
Martin

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster