Re: clamav.* package versions (etch)

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Gavin Westwood
<deb-volatile@solutium.co.uk> wrote:
> > Setting up clamav-daemon (0.93~dfsg-volatile1) ...
>> Installing new version of config file
>> /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.paranoid/clamav-daemon ...
>> Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon ...
>> Starting ClamAV daemon: clamd LibClamAV Error: cli_loaddb(): No supported
>> database files found in /var/lib/clamav
>> ERROR: Not supported data format
>> failed!
>
> I had the same issue, but it's because Freshclam was part way through
> downloading a new database.  I restarted the clamav-freshclam service, and
> after the DB had been downloaded clamav-daemon was automatically restarted,
> although I restarted it manually for good measure...

I too had this same issue, but I've noticed their is a new download
format.  I use to have daily.inc and main.inc directories with
incremental updates, and now I have just daily.cld and main.cvd.
Question:  is the new format incrementally updated, or am I
downloading complete files each time?

-Jim P.