Is clamav-data for etch (not etch-volatile) still needed?

Hi,

the clamav-data database is growing and growing. The clamav-data build
mechanism works like this:

  - download clamav-data (on plain etch) (3 mins)
  - test clamav-data databases (on plain etch) (13 mins)
  - build package (1 min)
  - test package on plain etch (13 mins)
  - test package on etch+volatile (1 min)
  - test package on lenny (1 min)
  - test package on sid (1 min)
  - upload package to volatile (4 mins)

We see that testing the database on etch takes quite a long time,
which drives the build time over the magic 30 minutes level.

This can be verified on a different system - as soon as the clamav
from etch is in the game, things are _slooooooow_.

I am therefore pondering to drop plain etch support for clamav-data,
which would mean building them on etch+volatile and not testing the
resulting package on plain etch any more. The package is likely to
continue working on plain etch without being tested there, but testing
just takes too much time.

What do you think about that?

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190