Re: No different package pins for volatile and volatile-sloppy anymore

In article <[🔎] 20070619145127.GA32387@ibr.ch> (gmane.linux.debian.volatile) you wrote:
> for debian sarge the volatile archive used to have different package
> pins for volatile and volatile-sloppy:

> release o=volatile.debian.org,a=sarge,l=debian-volatile
> release o=volatile.debian.org,a=sarge-sloppy,l=debian-volatile

> For etch both archives use the same pin:
> release o=volatile.debian.org,a=stable,l=debian-volatile

> Unfortunately I don't see any possibility to give volatile and
> volatile-sloppy different priorities in apt/preferences now (I know
> the default priorities are set different, but that doesn't help if
> you use your own priority scheme).
> This forces me to assign both volatile and volatile-sloppy a low
> priority (below 100 to avoid the auto update of packages from
> volatile-sloppy) and to update the packages from volatile by
> hand, which is not what I want.
[...]

Afaict, there are still different pins:

http://debian.sil.at/debian-volatile/dists/etch/volatile-sloppy/main/binary-i386/Release
Archive: etch-sloppy
Component: main
Origin: volatile.debian.org
Label: debian-volatile
NotAutomatic: yes
Architecture: i386

http://debian.sil.at/debian-volatile/dists/etch/volatile/main/binary-i386/Release
Archive: etch
Component: main
Origin: volatile.debian.org
Label: debian-volatile
Architecture: i386

Therefore
release o=volatile.debian.org,a=etch,l=debian-volatile
release o=volatile.debian.org,a=etch-sloppy,l=debian-volatile
should work.

It is hard to really test, since there are no Packages in etch-sloppy
yet. It is possible that the "main" Release file
http://debian.sil.at/debian-volatile/dists/etch/volatile-sloppy/Release
overrides the one in the arch subdirectories.
cu andreas
so grateful to you.'