Re: Request for becoming a mirror.

Axel Beckert schrieb am Freitag, den 20. April 2007:

Hi Axel,

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 02:02:26PM +0200, David Mart?nez Moreno wrote:
> > Ah, and *please* modify the page where you inform the poor admin
> > that debian-volatile archive is about 200 MB in size.  My mirroring
> > session has spent 4.6 GB and rising...
*snip*
> It seemed to me that except a few dozen packages in Sarge (mainly
> Sylpheed-Claws, ClamAV, GaduGadu thingies and SpamAssassin), there's
> nothing which could make up more than a few dozen MB, so I estimated
> its size to "less than 1 GB", even if we count all architectures
> (mainly because clamav-data is "Arch: all" :-). I can't imagine where
> those gigabytes could be hidden in there.
*snip*

its indeed a little bit bigger:
formorer@ftp:/home/ftp/debian-volatile$ du -sh
5,6G    .

formorer@ftp:/home/ftp/debian-volatile/pool/volatile/main$ du -h
5,1G    ./c/clamav-data

formorer@ftp:/home/ftp/debian-volatile/pool/volatile/main/c/clamav-data$ ls
*.deb | wc -l
247

I really don't think that we need 247 packages... There should be some kind
of aging.

Alex