Re: Request for becoming a mirror.

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 02:02:26PM +0200, David Mart?nez Moreno wrote:
> Ah, and *please* modify the page where you inform the poor admin
> that debian-volatile archive is about 200 MB in size.  My mirroring
> session has spent 4.6 GB and rising...

Hmm, that sounds strange. I've looked through the whole volatile
archive (woody, sarge, sarge/sloppy and etch; have I overseen
something?)  recently, because we plan to mirror it also -- as soon as
we get the new hardware for ftp.ch.debian.org.

It seemed to me that except a few dozen packages in Sarge (mainly
Sylpheed-Claws, ClamAV, GaduGadu thingies and SpamAssassin), there's
nothing which could make up more than a few dozen MB, so I estimated
its size to "less than 1 GB", even if we count all architectures
(mainly because clamav-data is "Arch: all" :-). I can't imagine where
those gigabytes could be hidden in there.

BTW: http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/dists/woody*/ now seem
to be a dangling symlinks.

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert@phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 2668
IT Support Group, HPR E 86.1              voice:   +41 44 633 4189