Re: sun java 1.5 in debian volatile

Qua, 2006-05-17 às 00:50 +0200, Sven Mueller escreveu:
> Luis Matos wrote on 16/05/2006 20:50:
> > Package: sun-java5
> > Severity: whishlist
> >
> > Is it possible to have in volatile a version of java 1.5 for sarge?
> >
> > I know it is an new package, but, in remembered to fill this bug and ...
> > it's done then.
> >
> > Offcourse, include it in volatile when it is stable.
>
> You can easily use java-package to create your own local packages.
yes, but i see this as an end user effort. Creating the java package,
even being easy, it is too much trouble for the common debian user ...
used to have all in two clicks.
> Adding sun-java5 to volatile doesn't make much sense if you keep that in
> mind. And it doesn't match the criteria for volatile.
That is why i mailed volatile's mailling list... true ... volatile only
updates packages that "are" in sarge, i think.
> If at all, it
> would make sense to add it to the backports.org repository.

True, it is the best to do.

Having a place where java is updated and we use only apt to manage that
is truly helpful. Like other packages, we don't have to be always
looking for new releases of any package. Regarding this, i made my
proposal.

> Regards,
> Sven

Regards,