Re: SpamAssassin

This one time, at band camp, Matus UHLAR - fantomas said:
> On 06.06.06 17:28, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Yes, SA 3.1 is in unstable, we should really think about including it in
> > volatile (at least IMHO).  Aba, zobel - any thoughts?
>
> no, according to last rule on http://volatile.debian.net/:
>
> # the upgrade path from volatile to the next stable release needs to be at
> least as easy as from the current stable release; means e.g. that the
> version in volatile must not be higher than in testing

It only just got uploaded to unstable a day or so ago, so I agree we
have to wait and give it time to migrate to testing.  We could just go
with 3.1.1 (the version in testing), but I see no reason why it wouldn't
be better to wait a few days until it makes it in.  It will likely take
that long to coordinate an upload with the maintainer anyway, and get it
autobuilt for all architectures.

I will write the maintainers and see how they feel.