Re: SpamAssassin

http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile/2006/06/msg00003.html

Sorry; I should have clarified: I wasn't wondering if version 3.1 of
SpamAssassin could be integrated into volatile as it's already in
sloppy and I am quite happy to pull it from there. What I was
wondering is when it'll progress beyond 3.1.

IMHO, if volatile and/or sloppy start stagnating at a particular
version, it's no better than Debian stable. (Wasn't volatile created
as a way around the Debian policy surrounding stable to keep up with
such packages anyway? Isn't that it's purpose?)

"Some packages aim at fast moving targets like spam filtering and
virus scanning, and even via using updated virus patterns, this
doesn't really work for the full time of a stable release."