gtk-gnutella status

Hi,

It's been 40 days since I initially asked for gtk-gnutella to be
included into volatile.  A few days ago (30th Dec) I got a private
response from Martin (via IRC).

In it he said (I'm paraphrasing):
	- he needs to earn a living
	- the patch is very large
	- gtk-gnutella is at the bottom of his todo list (now)

1. No one here begrudges you the fact that you have to earn a living.
   What I do begrudge you is that it took you over 30 days to say you
   were busy! Yes after my email, you were able to come up with a quick
   note to say you are busy.

2. The patch is what you asked for.
   While I can appreciate the fact that the debian-volatile group wants
   to review changes before accepting them; essentially you are saying
   that you'll be able to spot something that neither upstream nor
   myself have.

   Secondly, if you had asked for a brief summary of the patch file
   (since you are too busy -- too busy to let anyone know for 30 days!),
   I'd have been to do so.  After all, I spent 30 minutes going through
   some of your queries about the diff at 05:30 in the morning.

3. All you hurt are end-users of Debian
   Your response indicated that, because of the tone of my previous
   message, even if you weren't busy you'd put looking gtk-gnutella on
   the bottom of your to-do list.

   Of the three classes of Debian users (developers, "power" users,
   end-users) the last set is who you are hurting as they will not
   know/understand that they could recompile a later version in order to
   have a functioning gtk-gnutella.

   Personally I find it very sad to have met a fellow developer who does
   not agree with the Debian Social Contract (`Our priorities are our
   users and free software').

Perhaps the new year will see you re-invigorated and with more
personal time available to you.

Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are