Re: Spamassassin delta review summary

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> * Stephen Gran (sgran@debian.org) [051215 01:16]:
>> [summarizing even more:
>> dropped debconf support
>> Razor and DCC are now disabled by default.
>> Several of the modules have a changed API.
>> Several configuration options have changed.
>> ]
[...]
> I fully agree with "I would love to see". However, I don't see right now
> how we can release anything closely resembling the upstream spamassassin
> in normal volatile, as this will definitly change the configuration
> options. However, changing configuration options is IMHO not ok for
> normal volatile.

> So, I think we found our first candidate for sloppy, where we could put
> appropriate warnings inside the announcement mail.

Afaiui:
volatile: apt-get upgrade from sarge should just work (even
noniteractively), i.e. no changes to configuration required.

And the new spamassassin does not seem to match this criterium. Imho
trying to cherrypick some tests from spamassassin 3.1 and generating a
spamassassin-3.0+enhancedfordebian is not sensible. (fork=massive
work). Therefore sloppy seems to be the correct target.
                 cu andreas

--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute