Is volatile dead?

Hi,

I was asked (309511) to upload postgrey to volatile, as it contains a
whitelist of some IP addresses that can't deal with greylisting.  I'm not
particularly interested in volatile myself, so I come to this from the
outside.  I would like to make two observations:
 * the procedure for volatile uploads is missing some information on how,
exactly, the upload should be made ( see also
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile/2005/11/msg00008.html>)
 * I've not received an answer to my announcement on the d-v mailing list in
a week, and investigation of the last three messages in the list archive
(re: spamassassin and f-prot-installer) indicate that receiving no comments
is nothing unusual.

So, is the Debian volatile archive officially dead?  Now I don't care much
about random .debian.net (== unofficial) services, but OTOH volatile is
mentioned in the release notes, so peolpe would expect it to work.

cheers
-- vbi

(/me wonders if I shouldn't have used the more traditional Debian is
Doomed(tm) subject line instead *eg*)

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro