Re: Moving f-prot-installer into volatile.d.n

Hi Johannes,

> Officially doko. He is also the original author of the package.
> Sebastien, however has been very supportive with GNOME related packages
> that I helped maintainig and therefore I asked him a number of times to
> upload f-prot-installer for me. In fact, he has been doing most of the
> uploads.

I spoke with Sebastien yesterday evening and he told me he doesn't mind
who is uploading to volatile.

> +f-prot-installer (0.5.14.sarge.2) stable; urgency=low
> +
> +  * Sigh. Vendor has modified check-updates.pl, making it incompatible
> +    with our wonderful update-f-prot script. To solve this, when patching
> +    check-updates.pl, we have to delete the line containing the string
> +    "Couldn't determine signature file directory".
> +
> + -- Johannes Rohr <jr.debian@rohr.org>  Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:05:56 +0200

We need to make sure that the version of the package is always bigger
then the latest version in stable/stable-proposed but smaller then the
version in testing.

So the version number will look something like 0.5.14.sarge.2-volatile1.
We only should keep in mind, that DSAs might be uploaded with
0.5.14.sarge.3 so DSA would be bigger than the version in volatile. I
don't have any solution for this ATM. We could solve this in uploading
to debian-volatile the new package before DSA does.

> +    # Necessary with f-prot 4.6.X
> +    ln -sf /usr/lib/f-prot/f-prot.sh /usr/bin/f-prot
>      chmod 755 $FPROT_DIR/tools
>      chmod 755 $FPROT_DIR/tools/check-updates
>      cp -f $MD5SUM_NEW $MD5SUM_STORED

Do i oversee the deletion of /usr/bin/f-prot in the pre/postrm of the
package?

Greetings
Martin