Re: Why discover1-data is so old in Debian Sarge, while in unstable is up to date ?

    petter> [Francesco P. Lovergine]
    >> Someone suggested that discover1-data should enter the volatile
    >> archive.  It could have sense, IMHO. That along with an
    >> up-to-date d-installer could allow installation of sarge for
    >> years from now...

    petter> Would need a kernel with up to date drivers as well.

    petter> I seriously belive this should go into the real release,
    petter> and not volatile, to make sure the stable release is
    petter> actually usable on newer hardware, when that time comes.

    Add a new kernel is more complicated since it'll need more testing
    and verification about regressions. I don't think it's easy to
    solve.

    Expecifically about discover1-data I agree with you.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116