Re: Debian bookwork / grub2 / LVM / RAID / dm-integrity fails to boot

Hello,

On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 08:57:38AM +0200, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
> I will try this work-around and report back here.  As I said, I can
> live with /boot on RAID without dm-integrity, as long as the rest can be
> dm-integrity+raid protected.

I'm interested in how you get on.

I don't (yet) use dm-integrity, but I have seen extreme fragility in
grub with regard to LVM. For example, a colleague of mine recently
lost 5 hours of their life (and their SLA budget) when simply adding
metadata tags to some PVs prevented grub from assembling them,
resulting in a hard to debug failed boot at next boot.

Anything that involves grub having to interact with LVM just seems
really fragile.

Thanks,
Andy