Re: Debian 12.5 i386 sudo returns "Illegal instruction"

Am 25.04.2024 schrieb Vic tor <Contact@osquat.com>:

> On a fresh installation of Debian 12.5, i386 I receive "Illegal
> instruction" when executing sudo. Is there any way to debug and
> workaround this; should I take this to another list as a bug?

Here it is described with gdb:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10354147/find-which-assembly-instruction-caused-an-illegal-instruction-error-without-debu

> This is on a Soekris net5501 powered by an AMD Geode LX which is the
> only oddball factor.

Debian requires i686 compatibility - even when the arch is being
displayed as i386 due to compatibility reasons.

According to this thread, the Geode LX lacks some i686 instructions.