Re: making Debian secure by default

On 2024-03-29, Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:

> I wasn't trying to bait you in any way. The above was what I thought
> was a light-hearted way to say that I genuinely think you need to
> relax a little about things that are outside of your control. I'm
> sorry it wasn't taken that way and I get that you don't share that
> view.

I admit I missed the subtly light-hearted tone of your remarks. But the
people here in general are the exact equivalent of the senile: they
repeat the same weary stories over and over again as if they were
forever new, and we'd not heard them numerous times before. There's
always someone in these discussions who, having accepted the current
estimate of the age of the universe, then asserts that it will require
twice that period to crack this or that password. The incontrovertible
evidence that this is irrelevant to the price of tea in China is
infrequently noted. So I noted it and gave a recent example of its
complete irrelevancy. The ruffled feathers of you old birds serves, at
least, as a modicum of comic relief.