Re: Debian 11 PHP 7.4 – Mysql 8 - Can’t get Mysqli_connect to work

Yes, this list (exactly the same here) shows that mysqli.so is loaded. In any case, as said before, this function does operate as I have checked.

But I've found more problems, concerning $_REQUEST, $_GET...

The old way that I used 11 yrs ago no longer works :

$nom = S_GET [‘nom’] ;

no longer operates with php 7.4. This code is simply ignored. S_REQUEST, $_POST do not work either.

Could someone show me how I should write these few lines dating 2010… (worked at least till 2013), which code is now ignored by php 7.4 with no explanations since I don’t have debugging function active. This example code comes from Kevin Yanks' s book dating 2010 :

<?php

$nom = $_GET[‘nom’] ;

echo ‘Bienvenue sur notre site, ‘ . $nom . ‘ ] ;

?>

These lines are now ignored by php 7.4

In any case, I’ve checked my php.ini (which I sent here a few days ago), and it seems to say that cookies are activated as well as $_REQUEST and other concerned functions.