Re: Can't find informatin on passwdqc, pwqcheck or cracklib

On 22 Mar 2024 13:16 +1100, from n@linearg.com:
> I'm wanting to upgrade my security, and like to use some of the suggested
> tools. I've installed some of the tools, but can't find man pages on them.

You can see the files installed by a package by running:

$ dpkg -L <package name>

For example:

$ dpkg -L coreutils

man pages will typically be under /usr/share/man:

$ dpkg -L coreutils | grep ^/usr/share/man/

dpkg -L == dpkg --listfiles

Note that this will not list files generated during installation (for
example a kernel module package that triggers a DKMS build would
likely show the source code but _not_ the built binaries) or
configuration files created later; but that shouldn't be an issue with
man pages.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”