Re: shred bug? [was: Unidentified subject!]

Hi,

"info shred" says:

Greg Wooledge wrote:
> In fact, that last line is
> written incorrectly.  It should say "exec 3>&-" and what that does
> is close file descriptor 3, which was previously opened on line 2.
> [...]
> This is an obvious bug in the info page.  I wonder how many years
> this has gone unnoticed.

of 22 Dec 2005 states:

  "I'll assume that this is now adequately explained in the info page
   (below).  If not then please reopen.          // Thomas Hood
   [...]
   exec 3>-"

The bug report is from 02 Aug 2002 and states that the info page contains
the short and broad promise which we can still see in "man shred".

So we can assume a bug age of 18 to 22 years.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas