C-Ins vs. C-c [was: xterm PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD selection] Firefox and paste into Terminal with Vim]

On Wed, Feb 07, 2024 at 01:20:19PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Max Nikulin (12024-02-07):
> > It may be a convention for applications other than terminals, however I am
> > unsure what "standard" means for terminals.
>
> I have not said it is more “standard for terminals”, I have that it is
> more “standard” fullstop. It is more standard by the virtue of having
> worked for decades, C-Ins S-Ins S-Del existed way before the C-C C-V C-X
> tryptich, and still working today in most contexts.

C-c, C-x and C-v is latest documented for the Apple Lisa, around 1983,
although it may have stolen it from the Xerox Alto [0] [1]

C-Ins, S-Del and S-Ins are IBM CUA, around 1987.

So it's the other way around :-)

Cheers

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut%2C_copy%2C_and_paste#Popularization