Re: How can we change the keyboard layout?

On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 12:24:32AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I'm not aware of any projects aimed at recreating mature, traditional
> > working environments in Wayland.  Maybe they exist and I'm simply not
> > aware of them.  Maybe nobody who's capable of developing such an
> > environment has the motivation to do so.
>
> I'm afraid X11 users should make an effort to try and use Wayland for
> the sole purpose of finding the problems they'd encounter and file
> feature requests (e.g. for better customizability of the keyboard).
>
> AFAICT many such requests are discarded as being too marginal, but
> that might be just because all those who need it keep avoiding Wayland.

I lost that optimism long time ago. If I felt a genuine interest,
I'd put up with all the inconveniences involved, but I just don't.

I had my share of discussions back then (before Wayland) in the
context of GNOME and I don't need that again.

But do keep your optimism: that's what makes the world better.

Cheers