Re: Bookworm: NetworkManager

On 10/21/23 14:36, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 02:10:23PM -0400, Pocket wrote:
On 10/21/23 13:58, Felix Miata wrote:
If you're not personally committed to NetworkMangler and only need static
networking, then remove it and ifupdown. Systemd provides simple static IP
network setup:
Or... remove Network Manager, ignore systemd, and just use ifupdown.

That well may be the end solution to this problem

I may well be at that point to use systemd networking.

That would require me to rip out all the no defunct packages which I could
do, but I would rather just get nm working correctly if I can.

ifupdown and dhcpcd has worked for me in bullseye and that may indeed be
where this resolved to.
dhcpcd?  OK, either you're not using Debian, or you're using an unusual
architecture where dhcpcd is used instead of isc-dhcp-client.  Virtually
all of my Debian knowledge is on amd64 and i386.

"Not using Debian" might explain a lot of the issues here.

cat /etc/os-release

PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="12"
VERSION="12 (bookworm)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bookworm
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/";
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support";
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/";

That makes me believe it is debian 12 bookworm

BTW this install has isc-dhcp-client

--

It's not easy to be me