Re: Bookworm: NetworkManager

On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 02:10:23PM -0400, Pocket wrote:
> On 10/21/23 13:58, Felix Miata wrote:
> > If you're not personally committed to NetworkMangler and only need static
> > networking, then remove it and ifupdown. Systemd provides simple static IP
> > network setup:

Or... remove Network Manager, ignore systemd, and just use ifupdown.

> I may well be at that point to use systemd networking.
>
> That would require me to rip out all the no defunct packages which I could
> do, but I would rather just get nm working correctly if I can.
>
> ifupdown and dhcpcd has worked for me in bullseye and that may indeed be
> where this resolved to.

dhcpcd?  OK, either you're not using Debian, or you're using an unusual
architecture where dhcpcd is used instead of isc-dhcp-client.  Virtually
all of my Debian knowledge is on amd64 and i386.

"Not using Debian" might explain a lot of the issues here.