Re: swap-fle on arm64, need to disable, how?

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 01:50:57PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 9/30/23 13:28, Matthias Böttcher wrote:
> > sudo dphys-swapfile swapoff
> > sudo systemctl stop dphys-swapfile.service
> > sudo systemctl disable dphys-swapfile.service
> >
> > .
> Looks familiar but none of that is installed
> cnc@rpi4:/etc$ sudo dphys-swapfile swapoff
> sudo: dphys-swapfile: command not found
> cnc@rpi4:/etc$ sudo systemctl stop dphys-swapfile.service
> Failed to stop dphys-swapfile.service: Unit dphys-swapfile.service not
> loaded.
> cnc@rpi4:/etc$ sudo systemctl disable dphys-swapfile.service
> Failed to disable unit: Unit file dphys-swapfile.service does not exist.

Come now, you should be able to figure this shit out by now, Gene.

unicorn:~$ apt-cache search dphys swap
dphys-swapfile - Autogenerate and use a swap file

I've never even HEARD of this thing before, and I can figure out to run
a basic command to search for the right package.

Now, whether running those dphys commands is GOOD or USEFUL is an
entirely different question.  But you should have the basic competence
to do an "apt(-cache) search" by now.