Re: FYI: LFS Thread On GRUB non-boots, e2fsprogs, & mke2fs

Found a brand new 2023.02.15 Debian bugs reference for this..

On 2/19/23, Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.. This is just regurgitating something related to my coincidentally
> referencing several years of GRUB non-boots yesterday. The latest on
> this Linux From Scratch thread came into my inbox this morning, and it
> just sounds like it might help some Users having booting problems
> similar to what I've experienced.
>
> The Linux From Scratch thread is here:
>
> https://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/sympa/arc/lfs-dev/2023-02/msg00018.html
>
> Today's entry referenced this from Launchpad from 2019:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1844012

Also from Debian on 2023.02.15.

https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1895219.html

Playing with this has been.. fun.. I guess. I found a
"metadata_csum_seed" culprit in /etc/mke2fs(.)conf. It's in the line
for ext4 which is what I use.

Saw a mention of a patch online. While trying to track that down so
that this is approached in a Linux-defined methodical way, I found
Debian's bugs entry there. Their expressed knowledge of this situation
is why the installer's installation booted on my end a few days ago.
Their mention of debootstrap installs NOT booting for some of us is
exactly what I'm personally experiencing right now.

However this works out, thank you, Developers!

Cindy :)
* gettin' giddy about the next new unstable! *