Re: something that can display a Thumbs.db?

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

On Sat, Feb 11, 2023 at 07:20:17PM +0100, Linux-Fan wrote:

[...]

> ~~~
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/vinetto", line 418, in <module>
>    print(" " + TNid + " " + TNtimestamp + " " + TNname)
> TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str
> ~~~

HAH. Python3 and its OCD type system. Perhaps you might want to
try running it with Python2 (their character type systems are
broken in different ways).

At least a cursory attempt at doing this failed:

~~~
$ python2 /usr/bin/vinetto -o /tmp .../Thumbs.db
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/vinetto", line 40, in <module>
   import vinetto.vinreport
ImportError: No module named vinetto.vinreport
~~~

On Github, there seems to be a newer version available where porting to Python 3 has progressed further. If users run into the error above, I'd suggest them to try the version from Github?

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö