Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On 2/13/23 10:00, Brian wrote:
On Mon 13 Feb 2023 at 09:30:32 -0500, gene heskett wrote:

On 2/13/23 06:01, Brian wrote:
On Mon 13 Feb 2023 at 09:25:15 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 07:12:42PM +0000, Brian wrote:

[...]

Fortunately, the vast majority of users with a modern printer have
not taken a similar view. They now enjoy an effortless and enjoyable
printing experience.

My printer is all well, thankyouverymuch. Whenever I'm after an
"experience", I take my bike and ride to the mountains, very
enjoyable :)

Such a journey would give ample opportunity to ponder why mDNS
multicasting is welcomed by so many users and whether you will
embrace it when CUPS ceases to support legacy printers. :)

Precisely the unsaid point of my last post.  That will be the impetus to
fork cups.

That's very doubtful. The printing system's New Architecture
includes extensive and sound provision to support legacy
printers. More or less, all the PPD's and drivers distributed
by Debian are catered for.

"Distributed by Debian" is the key phrase here. That qualifier apparently does not include the better Brothers.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis