Re: New Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series 3511 sound problem on Debian 11 Stable

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 08:56:11PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > And of course recommendations for a current laptop (preferably
> > reasonably priced) that actual experience shows does work well with
> > Debian would be welcome.
>
> If your main concerns are a good price and well supported by Debian,
> then you're spelling "refurbished, or second hand".
> The planet will also thank you for it.

Dito. Refurbished Thinkpad X230 here (I prefer small ones: backpack and
that). Souped up to 16G RAM, still on spinning rust (back then, 1T
SSD was prohibitive). Bought end of 2018 (as a replacement of another
X230 which was crushed by a fire protection door: they aren't indestructible,
after all). Looking forward to its next upgrade (SSD).

Paid 400 EUR (incl. RAM), which in the US would be $400. You'll get more
computing for that these days.

New is only worth it if you specifically want some feature you won't
get otherwise.

Cheers