Re: New Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series 3511 sound problem on Debian 11 Stable

Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> writes:

> In Debian 11 "Live", lspci -nn reports:
> "00:1f.3 Audio device [0403]: Intel Tiger Lake-LP Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller [8086:a0c8] (rev
> 20)".

This isn't new sound hardware so should work in Debian 11.

With a quick look, you probably need the non-free package
firmware-sof-signed but that isn't included in the Debian 11 live. You
could try an image which contains those things from

https://cdimage.debian.org/images/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/11.6.0-live+nonfree/amd64/iso-hybrid/

Or, if you're familiar in Debian, maybe you can install the
firmware-sof-signed pacakge in the live system you already have? I'm not
sure if that's possible there, I haven't used Debian Live in a while.