Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 02:46:51PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> On 2/9/23 04:13, Anssi Saari wrote:

[...]

> > I don't know why though. The other IPv6 access I have is through a VPN
> > and there, for privacy, of course my connection is NATted to the same
> > exit IPv6 address as everyone else's. IPv6 defines the range fc00::/7 as
> > unique local addresses which are similar to IPv4 private network ranges
> > and I get a local IPv6 address from that range from the VPN server.
> >
> > .
> And where is that info published? Up till now I was not aware of an ipv6 equ
> to 192.168.xx.xx addresses.  That could make the cheese quite a bit less
> binding. :o)>

Not "equ" but just "similar". They are called "unique local addresses",
and, as always, Wikipedia [1] is your friend. You can go from there to
the relevant RFCs if you want *all* the gories. Wikipedia's IPv6 entry
[2] is highly recommended.

Yes, that info is published.

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_local_address