Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 11:13:04AM +0200, Anssi Saari wrote:
> jeremy ardley <jeremy@ardley.org> writes:

[...]

> > The other option of NAT for your IPv6 is frowned on
>
> I don't know why though. The other IPv6 access I have is through a VPN
> and there, for privacy, of course my connection is NATted to the same
> exit IPv6 address as everyone else's [...]

Because NAT is falsely perceived as a security device. For privacy,
IPv6 has much nicer options than "hiding" behind a NAT (on top of
that, your biggest enemy these days is your browser anyway).

And NAT seduces providers to perpetuate bad habits from v4 times
(like giving you less than a /64).

Cheers