Re: No USB with qemu+macOS+USB+iPads

On 2023-02-05, stand...@gmx.net <standar_d_t@gmx.net> wrote:
> Curt schrieb am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2023 um 18:20:06 UTC+1:
>> On 2023-01-31, stand...@gmx.net <stand...@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> Look for file "AppleMobileDevice.kext".
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> "Apple no longer recommends using kexts with your macOS device. To
> make thing worse, macOS Big Sur doesn’t even support some kexts; "

You're correct that Apple has discontinued use of kernel extension
(kexts).

If you're using a recent version of macOS, a different method may be
required than the one I enumerated, such as employing the "usbmuxd"
library to connect your device.

It's probably best consulting Apple's official documentation and the
developer community for more precise info.  Good luck.