Re: No USB with qemu+macOS+USB+iPads

On 2023-01-31, stand...@gmx.net <standar_d_t@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi from Germany.  Sorry, I found no other way/group to ask.
>
> I want to use macOS to maintain some iPads for my school. I have not
> found a way to address them via USB in the VM. Even a simple stick
> does not appear.

It seems you have to install the relevant drivers on the VM.

Connect the iPad to the Linux host via USB.

Start the VM.

Open the Finder and click on the "Go" menu.

Look for file "AppleMobileDevice.kext".

If the file exists, the machine has the necessary drivers installed
(in which case I'm stumped). If not, you'll have to install them by
following the appropriate steps for your MacOS version.