RE: Need help to install gnucobol

On Sunday, February 5, 2023 12:21 PM, Amine Derk wrote:
> > I'm trying to use debian for the first time. and I'm not able to install
> > Gnucobol.
> >
> > aderkaoua@LAPTOP-6B841S0M:~$ sudo apt-get install gnucobol
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree... Done
> > Reading state information... Done
> > *E: Unable to locate package gnucobol*
> >
> > *please advise?*
> [...]

Hi, Amine,

Did you run apt update before apt install ?
sudo apt-get update

This command downloads and builds a local cache of the list of available
packages.
When you use the apt install command, apt package manager searches
the cache to get the package and version information and then download
it from its repositories over the network. If the package is not in this cache,
your system won’t be able to install it.