Re: kernel errors

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> writes:

> Indeed. But why should only the kernel be brain damaged ?
>
> (I expect some generic UUID searcher for block devices. Probably the sr
> devices are near the end of its iteration. So one would not see any
> protest in the log if the UUID is found on the device which is tried
> earlier.)

It crossed my mind that someone could conceivably be using the Universal
Disk Format on a DVD RW.

> Still missing is the code which wants to inspect sr. I tried to learn
> about /scripts/local-block in initramfs-tools. Regrettably it seems to
> be about a local customization of the initrd, which is not done by
> initramfs-tools but by its customers.
> A search for "local-block" in Debian's source collection by
>   https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=local-block
> did not yield good candidates.
>
> Do you see something related to resume in the output of
>   ls /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-block

There is no such file. Earlier I ran this:

find / -print|grep "scripts/local-block"

and it found nothing, which led me to believe it is some temporary file...

> (If not there, then in the /scripts/local-block directory of the initrd ?)

I don't know how I would look in that. Is it in RAM at boot time?

In the log which appears on the screen it says:

Begin: Waiting for suspend/resume device ... Begin: Running
/scripts/local-block ... done.
random: crng init done
/scripts/local-block ... done.

Then this last line was repeated 17 times and much time was spent. Then
it gave up.